Thanks for inviting me to your event! I'm really excited to connect with your crew and make our time together meaningful and memorable. With 400 events and counting under my belt, here is what I've found to help make our day MOST successful...
In the weeks leading up to the event
Showing videos created by the Choose Love Movement is a great way to open up conversations that set the stage for my message. Two of my favorite videos are Mirror & Perspectacles. They both discuss the importance of Kindness through stories about social media and empathy and have some activities and debrief questions pre-made for you to facilitate some awesome conversations. Here are few more awesome VIDEOS as well. Finally, I've put together a letter to the staff at your school to let them know how much I appreciate them being flexible in their class schedule and for their belief in having consistent messages of kindness on campus. You can share that letter with them by downloading it below.
In the days leading up to the event
We've created a series of posters that are relevant to my message. They are formatted for 11x17 paper and would look quite lovely posted around your school to serve as conversation starters before the event and great reminders for after it.
You can find posters for the definitions of the 8 elements of character (that CharacterStrong is based on) below.
Choose Love Gear
Even if you don't go with a class set (which is an option!) the Choose Love shirts are a great way to advertise the message before and after the event. You can check out the gear HERE.
Day of the Event
Things to know:
- I will arrive 30 minutes prior to my first presentation.
- A wireless mic with fresh batteries is preferable and access to play music while students enter the space is ideal.
- If in a gym, having all students seated on one side is the best case scenario (even if it means some are seated on the floor or on chairs).
- Having staff amongst the students always helps hold kids accountable to be on their best behavior - and gives the staff the opportunity to hear the message so they can take it back to their classrooms and debrief or reflect alongside their students.
- If I'm doing a workshop at your event, access to a flexible space (desks + moving around) with projector, screen, and audio works best.
- I will work with a student or staff member to introduce me when I arrive. If someone at your event has seen me somewhere else - they are usually the best bet to introduce me - personal connection is the best! You can download my introduction below.
Again - a huge thank you for allowing me to be a part of your event. I can't wait to be there.